Adsense

Home » » Pep : I am ready to return to football

Pep : I am ready to return to football

Written By Unknown on Monday, June 24, 2013 | 2:38 PM


The Spaniard has explained his decision to make the move to the Allianz Arena side and is looking forward to a new challenge
Pep Guardiola has revealed that Bayern Munich's rich history and the quality of their current squad were the main reasons for him accepting the Bavarians' offer.

The 42-year-old signed a three-year deal with Bayern back in January as he replaces Jupp Heynckes at the helm starting this summer and he's keen to replicate last season's results - which saw the club win an historic treble - in the years to come.

"I decided to join Bayern because of the players and the club's history. They're one of the best teams in the world," Guardiola said at a press conference on Monday.

"I am ready to return to football. This is a new challenge for me. My time at Barcelona was wonderful, but I needed a new challenge. Bayern Munich have given me that opportunity.

"I have to accept that people will make comparisons [to 2012-13]. A coach is always under a lot of pressure at a big team. I realise that's the case here as well, but I'm happy to take on that responsibility.

"I take charge of a team that's had an amazing season. They won four titles, the treble and the German supercup against Borussia Dortmund."

Bayern's first Bundesliga game with Guardiola at the helm will be the match against Borussia Monchengladbach on August 10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment